What we offered
Micro Grants – Essentials
- Scope: Micro Grants are offered for transnational cooperation projects between small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and minimum 2 KET technology centres (KET TCs), which aim to integrate key enabling technologies (KET) to solve clean production challenges. Focus is on upgrading production processes.
- Call opening: 1st June 2018
- Call closing: 30th June 2020, 17:00 CET
- Cut-off dates: 8 cut-off days at 17:00 CET on 31st July 2018, 31st October 2018, 31st January 2019, 30th April 2019, 31st July 2019, 31st October 2019, 31st January 2020, 30th June 2020
- Expected duration of a micro grant project: up to 6 months
- Total EU funding available for third parties: EUR 2.000.000
- Maximum amount of financial support for each third party: EUR 50.000 (provided as lump sum).
- Eligible countries: EU member states and H2020 associated countries. See Map.
Download the Guide for Applicants to get more detailed information on the main eligibility criteria and submission procedure for micro grants
If you have any questions and seek support in the submission of the micro grants incl. the technology requests, you can i) reach out to the EENs and KET TCs building the KET4CP Consortium, ii) contact the project coordinator directly (email@example.com) or iii) look into the section on Frequently Asked Questions.
We are glad to be there for you!
Open call for micro grants in 5 steps
1. Register on the web platform
Are you an interested SME? To start, register on the KET4CP web platform (www.ket4sme.eu) and gain access to the internal community space, where you will be able to establish interactive communication with other registered users, such as KET technology centres and business support organisations, e.g. partners from the European Enterprise Network (EEN).
Are you, a KET technology centre, EEN or business support organisation (BSO)? You are also invited to join the platform and to present your services, partner with SMEs and/or act a as broker linking SMEs with KET technology centres.
2. Submit a Technology Request
As a manufacturing SME you can submit a technology request (TR) to the KET4CP platform describing your production process challenge. To team up with the right KET technology centre(s) and to get support to your technological challenge, you will then receive a short list of KET technology centres that could potentially provide a solution to your request. You can then choose the preferred offered solution(s) from the short list and get in touch with the KET experts.
Documents to download
3. Write and submit a Micro Grant Proposal
To submit an application for a micro grant, you as a manufacturing SME first need to team up with minimum two KET technology centres matching your technological challenge (see step 2) and develop a proposal.
If the match and interest is established, jointly with two KET technology centres you will develop and write the micro grant proposal (MGP).
The developed MGP can be submitted at any time as long as the call is open. Cut-off dates serve as deadlines for evaluations. Note, you can only submit one MGP per cut-off date.
Documents to download
4. External experts evaluate your proposal
After each cut-off date, independent external experts examine your proposal under highest level of confidentiality. The experts evaluate your proposal on the basis of three main criteria: excellence, impact and quality of implementation, assigning a score on a scale of 0 to 5 for each criterion. The decision for funding approval will be based on a qualifying total score of min. 12 out of 15.
Approximately one month after a cut-off date, you, as an applicant SME, will receive a notification on the outcome of the evaluation. If the evaluation for a micro grant is successful, you will receive an invitation to sign a grant agreement with the coordinator of the KET4CP project.
5. Implement a Micro Grant Project
After signing of the grant agreement, the implementation of the micro grant project begins. The maximum duration of the project is 6 months.
In the follow-up of the micro grant project, you will need to submit a project implementation report, rate the quality of the service provided by the KET technology centres, and support dissemination and communication activities on your project, for example in the form of a success story.
Documents to download
Frequently Asked Questions
Check the FAQ section on the KET4Clean Production web platform. It highlights the most frequently asked questions from SMEs. You can also contact the project coordinator by e-mail via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want to be part of the Community?
Sign up now!