Bay Zoltán Nonprofit Ltd. for Applied Research
Treatment and valorisation of waste waters using algae
- Advanced Materials
- Reduction of organic and inorganic emissions caused and wastes generated by agricultural and industrial water consuming activities (e.g. emission of inorganic nitrogen and phosphorus causing eutrophication or heavy metals).
- Reducing risks to humans and the environment, as a consequence of the above mentioned.
- Reduction of water use by producing water which can be recycled to industrial processes.
- Reduction of energy use by producing renewable energy.
- Increasing the overall efficiency of the use of natural resources and production processes by re-use of nutrients in wastewaters and effluent sidestreams and producing valuable biomass.
- Recycling resources by the recovery of phosphorus and other nutrients necessary for the sustainable development of agriculture